Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trip to Portage Glacier

I was trying to get the clouds and how they were lower than the tops of the mountains. I thought it was pretty cool.
I think this was call beluga point, as in the whales We did not see any whales. :(

As we kept going, it kept snowing and the roads became more and more like this. It was kind of scary. I am glad I was not driving-Thanks Ruth.


I was trying to get a picture of either the Moose crossing sign, or the one that said avalanche zone do not stop for the next 5 miles.



More examples of the road conditions.




We think the glacier was beyond this tunnel, but it was snowing too much with a lot of fog and you could not see a thing. This is where we decided to turn around. Sniff Sniff, but it gives me a reason to want to go back. It will be summer and on a cruise when I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment